Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 02:37 AM

Import of Contacts

One of things that is an impediment to my full adoption of Ultra Recall is the difficulty of importing my hundreds of contacts. I currently store my contacts in Palm Desktop, but I suspect there are many others who have substantial contact lists in Outlook and other programs.

The capability to import contact information in some text-based, program-neutral format would be a real boon to adoption of UR. Perhaps a contact import capability for data in XML or comma-separated values (CSV) format a la Excel could be considered.

While it would be nice to be able to map flexibly between names (and attributes) in the imported file and the names used for Contact attributes in UR, even a scheme that required a fixed naming and ordering of the input file information would be better than nothing.

The generalization of the above capability to permit import of text-based data into Info Items of arbitrary type would be a real aid both for initial data conversions and later bulk inputs from other data sources.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:56 PM

importing contacts

I agree with the above comments.

The ability to import data items in XML or CSV format would greatly increase my usage of Ultra Recall.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:45 PM

An advanced CSV import capability, like what is requested in this thread has been available in Ultra Recall since version 1.3... Just FYI.