Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-09-2011, 09:55 AM

link here, move here, copy here

When I drag a file from windows explorer with the right mouse button onto a note in the UR-tree pane, a menu pops up with the options "link here", "move here", "copy here" and "cancel", but "link here"and "move here" are greyed out. Why? Is it not possible to link to files instead of copying or moving them? I seem to remember that I could link to files in previous versions of UR.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Administrator

All the options are enabled in my tests.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM

I've sent you a screen recording per mail in which you can see the options greyed out.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Administrator

You're dragging from XYplorer, not Windows Explorer. Here's something we sent to the XYplorer vendor a few years ago:

"When dragging and copying files from Windows Explorer (and most Explorer replacements), it provides the dragged/copied filenames in CF_HDROP, CFSTR_FILENAME, and CFSTR_SHELLIDLIST clipboard formats. XYplorer only provides the CF_HDROP format when dragging files.

Our application allows dragging/copying from Explorer (and many other applications), and it needs to differentiate between HDROP only (for instance, to only allow copying when dragging an attachment from Outlook Express) and CF_HDROP + CFSTR_FILENAME + CFSTR_SHELLIDLIST to determine appropriate drop behaviors. As a consequence, users are not able to drag and move/link from XYplorer to our application.

We have a mutual customer who would benefit if XYplorer were more like Explorer, including these additional formats when dragging/copying, so we were wondering if you would consider making XYplorer more compatible with Windows Explorer in this regard."

Their reply: "Made a research: Too difficult for now. Put on back burner."
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM

I'am sorry for misdescribing the problem; it didn't occur to me that the problem could be caused by XYplorer.
Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: