Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Skype Integration in UR 3 - Interested?
Very Cool Feature - Really Keen 1 7.69%
Take it or leave it 12 92.31%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2007, 06:20 PM

new feature for V3 - Skype "integration"

For any Contact Item, It would be fantastic if there could be an attribute that could be populated with that Contact's Skype User ID - which either in a basic implementation would navigate to the Skype Contact in Skype to action from there - or maybe it could be smart enough to open a dialogue "window" in UR which - like skype - provides various action options: 1. Chat, 2. Call one of the listed SkypeOut numbers (Mobile/Home/Work), 3. Skype to Skype Call...

That would be brilliant!

Thanks,

IJG
Old 02-13-2007, 03:38 AM

while this is not a bad suggestion, I dont like the fact that UR would prefer to support one chat/calling soft over another, in the same way the microsoft tries hard for only internet explorer and outlook to be used. For that reason, I dont like that UR supports outlook but not thunderbird or any other email client. While I understand that they try to cater most users, it only creates further dominancy of the given soft even though it's not slightly better than some other options.

Anyway, imho, kinook should first concentrate on the 'core' features of UR. Their description of UR:

"Ultra Recall is information, knowledge, and document management software for Microsoft Windows. It helps you capture, organize, and recall all of your electronic documents and information across all the applications that you use."

Now that you can add internal links, one should be able to see all the links pointing to a given item. That creates further challenge cause there are already child items, so it needs to be somehow distinguished. Also, I would like to really create a linked item, not a copy of an item. I know this has been discussed, but as it is now, it's impossible to see where the real item is, and what is only supposed to be a link. So there could be three different things:
- internal links
- linked items (item having only one parent but linked to many items, unless the item is of the last form)
- item having more than one parent (the current representation of linked item with shortcut icons)

Having now various connection levels in the tree, it is crucial to navigate it more efficiently because the tree structure then becomes very poor representation of the different relations between the items. I wont name the softs that already have this feature of data structure visualization.

imho, the above is the MOST CRUCIAL feature that UR needs to address.

If I had to name the second, it would be "proper organizer". It comes straight from what UR claims to do. If you organize your documents and knowledge, shouldn't you be able to organize your time efficiently as well? That's why I think UR needs a proper organizer with a calendar where you can see all your items for a given day (or inside a particular day), with many more recurrent and reminder options ...

While all the above might sound somehow critical, I just want UR to progress, and let me add that I'm a very very happy user of UltraRecall
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 AM

Thumbs up

I agree in whole with the last post.

Last edited by eno; 02-14-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:56 AM

Re: new feature for V3 - Skype "integration"

Quote:
Originally posted by igoldsmid
For any Contact Item, It would be fantastic
Basically, until I find something better, I've been using ADM & ADM has SKYPE integration. I think I've used it a few Xs but watched ADM developers spend a lot of time/money for what, IMHO, has become a marginally useful tool. UR needs a lot of other things before I'd support this. Just my .02