Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 11:06 PM

Thanks to all for the interesting thread. I learned a lot reading this.

And thank to kinook for the pretty amazing responsiveness. Above and beyond!

Jim
Old 07-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Sorry guys, but I am still getting either poor-looking page copies or the wrong copies.

E.g., I like to grab pages when I make a purchase or see my personal settings for a web site.

If I right-click>Copy to UR, without first using Ctrl-A, then UR apparently tries to refresh the page and I am left with a copy of the sign-in page, which is worthless to me.

If I use Ctrl-A to highlight all first, then I am still getting a copy with all the top and side menu items listed down the page first, or last, amd the content also is listed tabularly - nothing like what the page looked like at all.

Either something is wrong with my UR installation, or what I am trying to do is not possible to do with UR.

Thanks!

Jim
Old 07-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Administrator

It sounds as though not all of the page's styles are being captured. Are you capturing from IE or Firefox, and which version? When you encounter a page with this problem, after select all/copy (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C), download http://www.kinook.com/Download/HTMLClip.zip, extract it, and run HTMLClip.exe. This should create a file named %TEMP%\clipboard.htm. Literally type %TEMP% into Windows Explorer to navigate to that folder, then ZIP and send clipboard.htm to support@kinook.com for our analysis. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:02 PM

kinook,

I'm using Firefox 3.01. I'll try to do what you ask, but the instructions are not entirely clear. Please tell me where to find the file to zip rather than using the DOS-prompt command.

I do much better using plain old English instead.

Thanks!

Jim
Old 07-18-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Mac
Please tell me where to find the file to zip rather than using the DOS-prompt command.

I do much better using plain old English instead.
Kinook didn't ask you to use the Dos-prompt command. Go to the address bar of Windows Explorer (or even IE) and type %temp% and enter. That will take you to the proper folder.
A longer explanation would be that the file is created in the folder that your system has set for temporary files...in XP guessing something like C:\Documents and Settings\your user name goes here\Local Settings\Temp or Vista perhaps C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Temp.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:27 AM

Hey Bill - I don't need longer explanations. I have a C:\Windows\Temp folder, a C:\Temp folder, the Temp folder in my User\LocalSettings folder, one in All Users\Temp; I have 4 internal hard drives and my system folders and files are not necessarily where yours are.

I just like a definitive location, as the %xxxx% locations on my machine are not always found in the saame location as someone with a run-of-the-mill, standard Windows installation.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Mac
as the %xxxx% locations on my machine are not always found in the saame location as someone with a run-of-the-mill, standard Windows installation.
Of course your paths may not be standard, that is the purpose of the %temp% variable.

More explanation anyway>
Most likely kinook's program saved the file to the location found in your systems variable %temp%. I don't know where that location is, kinook doesn't either- but your system does.

Did you try my suggestion? What happened?

Start| Run %temp% will open explorer to the folder.

Dos prompt >echo %temp% will tell you what the folders path is...

How about just searching for the file...

###################
Edit>>> When I run HTMLClip.exe (on XP), it opens Windows Explorer to the folder containing the clipboard.htm file all by itself.

Last edited by $bill; 07-19-2008 at 01:28 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: