Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-23-2010, 11:31 AM

While I appreciate that Chrome requires a different solution, there is a solution.

And this detracts from the usefulness of the pair.

So I guess that answer is that Kinook will not solve the problem.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:04 PM

If you have a solution, why don't you explain what it is instead of just offering a snotty comment?

Kinook explicitly said they don't know of a solution and asked anyone with one to offer it.

The toolbar isn't needed anyway. Copy in any program and use the shortcut

windows key - V

to paste into UR. Where it goes and how the paste is handled depends on what options you've set in UR. You can choose where in the tree to put it -- and whether to link or copy -- or just have it go to a default place.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lascasas
If you have a solution, why don't you explain what it is instead of just offering a snotty comment?

Kinook explicitly said they don't know of a solution and asked anyone with one to offer it.
I was not trying to be snotty, just disappointed. Having read my response, it was a bit snotty, for that I am sorry!

I have not found anything indicating that UR is user extensible. I guess I do not know how to extend UR, so I have no solution to offer.

There must be a solution as I also use Evernote for stuff I with to share and that has a way to do this from Chrome. I do know that the functionality sends the information to their site and not the client running locally.

And lastly, the URL that kinook gives goes to another thread with a link to a site indicating a solution. So what additional solutions are necessary?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:28 PM

I apologize for calling it snotty. Tone is hard to get right in email and forums (note to self: count to 10 before replying, excuse, don't accuse ...)

I got from that link that Kinook didn't think it a workable solution, but I don't know.

This Chrome page says using the tool suggested is "dangerous" and should only be used when "no other approach will work."

http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/npapi.html

Could it be that Kinook doesn't think the risk is worth it?
Old 04-10-2011, 12:47 PM

While the subject of an Ulta Recall extension for Google Chrome seems to have died, I guess there is always hope!

I noticed a couple weeks ago that the Surfulater Firefox extension was not working in Firefox 4. Neville finally released a version that should work but everytime you capture a Firefox 4 page in Surfulater the Firefox window shrinks down to a very small size. Neville claims that Firefox 4 is different than previous versions in that he can no longer capture the thumbnail for the page, which is apparently critical to his capture menthod for Firefox.

And while Neville previously balked at trying to create a Surfulater extension for Google Chrome, he now has such an extension that works beautifully in Chrome with a context menu sub-menu and he is now praising the extension design parameters that Google has in place for Chrome. Now he actually advises users to use Chrome over Firefox.

All of the above is NOT to push Surfulater over Ultra Recall, but just to illustrate that it sounds like Google has made extension design for Chrome a lot more amenable for developers than it was initially.

Perhaps Kinook will be agreeable to taking another look at the Chrome extension API (or whatever guides Chrome extension design) to see just what Neville is talking about and see if it would now be possible to add an Ultra Recall extension for Chrome.

As I mentioned at the start of this post - there is always hope!

Thank you.

Jim

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: