Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-20-2007, 03:47 PM

can't synch with outlook - using RPC over HTTP proxy

I have an unusual setup for outlook - we use an exchange server and I connect through something called 'RPC over HTTP proxy'. I've tried the recommended techniques for finding and synching with outlook folders (including linker for windows) and nothing works. Does anyone have a similar setup and knows how to located these folder locations?

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:00 PM

Hmm, Ultra Recall uses MAPI almost exclusively to access Microsoft Outlook data. The limited documentation I've found on Outlook's use of RPC over HTTP indicates that MAPI should be supported which "should" enable Ultra Recall to access it as well...

Do you have multiple profiles defined? If so, what happens if the one configured for RPC over HTTP is the only profile?
Old 12-22-2007, 09:17 AM

New information

Hello Kevina - thanks for taking the time to read my post. Since writing that I found an older urd that had an item named inbox - and actually shows the contents of my inbox in real time - when a new message comes in it shows up there and when I delete an email it disappears there. The url attribute for the item document is: outlookinbox.html - I tried a search on my hard drive for such a name and found nothing. I then found that if I drag & drop from a folder in outlook to
ultrarecall all the messages in the box are stored in an urc item. So I don't know how any of this is working but I'm happy with the functionality I now have.

BTW - I have only one profile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: