Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 04-11-2007, 05:16 PM

I can't get rid of this... GRRRRRR

See attached zip.

I can't get rid of the quick search item. I don't know how it got there, can't delete it, can't move it, don't want to re-set to defaults. So now what & why should this be?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:29 PM

cant see the attached zip, but probably know what you're talking about. There are some issues when moving system items from "Data Explorer" to "My Search" pane or the other way around. For example the similar thing happens when you link your root item to My Search pane, ...

But for Quick Search, even though I couldn't delete it or move it with mouse, moving using "ALT+L" works fine both ways ...
Old 04-11-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
cant see the attached zip, but probably know what you're talking about. There are some issues when moving system items from "Data Explorer" to "My Search" pane or the other way around. [snip]
So this is a bug or did you find a solution?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 AM

I don't want to assume what the exact problem, please attach the zipped image (or email to support@kinook.com) you initially mentioned to identify the exact issue you are experiencing.

You have expressed an unwillingness to execute a repair operation, but I do know that most issues with system items are easily resolved with a repair operation.

The Link/Move/Copy Dialog has enabled movement & logical linkage of system items that wasn't really intended, but this "feature" apparently is desirable for some users. We will investigate the current limits of this "rearrangement" of system items to reduce the possibility of changes that can't easily be "undone".
Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
... We will investigate the current limits of this "rearrangement" of system items to reduce the possibility of changes that can't easily be "undone".
this is needed!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
I don't want to assume what the exact problem, please attach the zipped image (or email to support@kinook.com) you initially mentioned to identify the exact issue you are experiencing.[snip]
See attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip quick_search_mystery.zip (9.4 KB, 959 views)
Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 AM

Your image shows a logical link to the Quick Search item has inadvertently been created, which currently can't be deleted.

The next minor release of Ultra Recall (expected to be released fairly soon) will not allow logical linking of System Items (My Data, My Searches, Quick Search, Imported Items, Templates and Recycle Bin) and the basic Repair function (which doesn't reset any data, title, text, icon, position changes you have made) will remove any currently created logical links to System items.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina [snip] The next minor release of Ultra Recall [snip] will not allow logical linking of System Items (My Data, My Searches, Quick Search, Imported Items, Templates and Recycle Bin) and the basic Repair function (which doesn't reset any data, title, text, icon, position changes you have made) will remove any currently created logical links to System items.
Excellent, kevina. I think this fix will be a good benefit. Hopefully the release will be sooner than later.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 AM

It (version 3.0.4) was released shortly after I posted my prior message. See http://kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2522 for the details.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: