Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 06-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Failure Step notification question?

If I understand this correctly, when any step fails in the build process, not having a build rule, the program stops running and goes through the failure steps, right? In my case, I only have one group of two action steps, so that would be runned every time?

The steps I have grouped together are the following:
a) Log the FAILSTEP_OUTPUT to a text file.
b) Attach that text file to an e-mail with a message composed of the FAILSTEP_NAME and FAILSTEP_OUTPUT (these are the system macros).

What else could I add to it? I need this to be as informative as possible. I don't want to leave people wondering what exactly went wrong. I would appreciate your input. Thank you.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Re: Failure Step notification question?

Quote:
Originally posted by ambalboa
If I understand this correctly, when any step fails in the build process, not having a build rule, the program stops running and goes through the failure steps, right? In my case, I only have one group of two action steps, so that would be runned every time?
If the step is configured to build all failure steps and stop.
http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/stepproperties.htm

Quote:
The steps I have grouped together are the following:
a) Log the FAILSTEP_OUTPUT to a text file.
b) Attach that text file to an e-mail with a message composed of the FAILSTEP_NAME and FAILSTEP_OUTPUT (these are the system macros).

What else could I add to it? I need this to be as informative as possible. I don't want to leave people wondering what exactly went wrong. I would appreciate your input. Thank you.
Sounds reasonable. Any additional information would probably be specific to your build process.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: