Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 AM

MS-Word and Insert Date

I realize that this is not a UR problem, but I'm hoping that others who are using Word might shed some light.

I'm running MS-Word 2003 SP-3, and I have a Word doc (stored) as a Template in UR. The URL for this Template is set to ".doc" (w/o quotes) and the original file was deleted after importing (storing) the Word doc in UR.

This Word doc is a template for business stationary and I have inserted a Date value (from Word Insert | Date/Time - unchecked Update Automatically), the problem is that this value always shows the current date even after an Item is derived from the Template.

So if I create a new Item today from this Template, then look at the Item tomorrow, the Word file will show the current date, obviously I want it to show the Date that it was created.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:58 PM

re: "I have inserted a Date value (from Word Insert | Date/Time - unchecked Update Automatically)"

Insert Date/Time just inserts a value. Instead of using Insert Date/Time, what you want is a field that shows the create date.

From the MS Word template, select Insert --> Field --> Date and Time --> CreateDate.

Save the template and then each new document created from the template will show the document create date/time.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PIMfan
From the MS Word template, select Insert --> Field --> Date and Time --> CreateDate.

Save the template and then each new document created from the template will show the document create date/time.
Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, this returns the original Creation Date of the Word file (prior to importation to the UR Templates folder).

New Items derived from this Word doc Template carry the Word Field, but the date shown is the original Creation Date.

I don't think there's an easy way to do this without turning to a formula, which may be why I've always typed the date for new Items (and even here I have to fight Word not to auto-complete).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: