Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-13-2022, 09:52 AM

Thank you for the explanation. Since this update introduces fixes, I find this confusing and non standard (in my opinion). However, I am grateful for this.

Jon
Old 06-22-2022, 12:25 PM

Hi again:

Some anomalies remain in the form of groups of duplicates. I am emailing the html output and the database used to create it. Please take a look. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Thank you.

Jon
Old 06-27-2022, 09:36 PM
Administrator

I did find a problem with HTML export that was introduced by the changes in v6.1 to export with OPML instead of OML tag in the XML, which prevented the XML -> HTML conversion from working properly. This has been fixed in the latest download.

But I wasn't able to reproduce the double exporting of the content that your sample showed. Can you provide more steps to reproduce? Thanks.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:07 AM

Thank you for your response here and to my email. Using the example file, I expanded the entire tree, the selected all items. Went to File | Export | Documents and Item Rich Text to HTML. Select the export directory, ticked Export child items and Open Explorer window after export. Then clicked Finish. The result is what I sent you.

Not sure what you are asking for with export settings. Other than the export dialogue with its ability to save the settings used in that session, is there something else you need?

Thank you for you help and interest.

Jon
Old 06-28-2022, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Don't select all items. Select the root item that you want to export -- checking Export child items (recursive) will include the child items. If you also select them, they will be exported twice.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:39 PM

It does not work on my end. For example, selecting EPIC will export one level deep. I see none of the files under the two folders (2021 and 2022).

I am using the latest update.

Jon
Old 06-28-2022, 07:50 PM
Administrator

By default, the lower levels are collapsed -- click on the icon to expand an item.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinook View Post
By default, the lower levels are collapsed -- click on the icon to expand an item.
Yes, this works. It only will work for one folder with children though. If I wanted to export all the children in two folders (same or different levels), I can expand the desired folders and select them individually. The export only works for one of the folders. Is this correct?

An alternative would be to select the desired folders and the contents and uncheck the recursive option. This is tedious when many non contiguous folders are involved, but I can temporarily rearrange them to be contiguous.

Thanks again for your attention, fixes and patience.

Jon
Old 06-29-2022, 08:46 AM
Administrator

You can select multiple items and export them (and their children). Just don't include child items in the selection to avoid duplicates in the export.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: