Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 07-09-2007, 09:46 AM

Option to open multiple tabs

It would be nice if there were an option to open multiple child items of a single parent - cf. the option in Firefox to "open all in tabs" - for your consideration!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:45 AM

Re: Option to open multiple tabs

Quote:
Originally posted by LM7
It would be nice if there were an option to open multiple child items of a single parent - cf. the option in Firefox to "open all in tabs" - for your consideration!
Why?
Can you give an example of how and when you would use such a facility?
Old 07-16-2007, 05:54 AM

Frequently I collect multiple info items which are related to a particular topic, and I want to have them all open - and it is easier to open them with a single click than having to open each one individually.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LM7
Frequently I collect multiple info items which are related to a particular topic, and I want to have them all open - and it is easier to open them with a single click than having to open each one individually.
OK, why wouldn't you click on the parent item to display the children in the Child Items pane, then you can ...open them with a single click...?

I invite others to correct me here...
The tab facility really comes into its own when you want to quickly navigate to items that are quite a distance apart in the tree. You can open items located in different main branches, and effectively jump to each main branch by clicking on a different tab. Although you can open items with the same parent in separate tabs, that is not necessarily the most efficient way of using UR. You are better off selecting the parent and using the "Child Items" pane as mentioned above.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but how is it possible to click on the parent item to display the children in the Child Items pane, and thereby open them all with a single click? I don't see such an option, and when, for example, I tried selecting all the Child items and clicking Enter, only the top child item opened.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LM7
how is it possible to click on the parent item to display the children in the Child Items pane, and thereby open them all with a single click?
whether you use child pane or tabs, you still can work only with one item at the time ... Zargon's point about using tabs for "distant items" is very nice ...
Old 07-16-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LM7
Pardon my ignorance, but how is it possible to click on the parent item to display the children in the Child Items pane, and thereby open them all with a single click? I don't see such an option, and when, for example, I tried selecting all the Child items and clicking Enter, only the top child item opened.
I would understand your request if it involved multiple windows. However, you can only VIEW one item at a time in UR whether you using tabs or not. So what if you can "open them all with a single click"? What do you achieve? You can't see them all at once. By clicking on each item in the Child Items pane you are mimicking tab behaviour with your selection being done horizontally rather than vertically.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: