Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 10-26-2009, 12:29 AM

Treat saved search as normal item

Saved search item just like dynamic virtual folder, the search results are the child items, if we click the expand icon in data explorer window, it can list the child items(search results) in data explorer, these child items just like the item link to the real item.

if we can treat saved search like these, we can re-organize the whole tree structure with different tree view dynamicly. using link we can only staticly re-organize the tree structure.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:12 AM

Assuming I'm interpreting you correctly, this capability already exists in UPR4 and I use it extensively.

Simply copy a search item from the search pane, paste it into the Explorer pane, customize and title the search, and you've got what I believe you're asking for.

- Bal
Old 10-26-2009, 11:44 AM

I thought that he meant that in the Data Explorer pane, the search results would be presented as sub-items of the Search Item. Coupled with the planned -"Add columns to Data Explorer pane" update, this would add a lot of visual flexibility to the interface.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:15 PM

Then I misunderstood and that would be a very welcome improvement.

- Bal
Old 10-29-2009, 08:05 PM

In fact, normal item should be the special case for saved search item which have the search criteria that "Item parent.ItemID == ItemID".

if we treat data explorer pane as "Folder" and info item as "Item", then every "Folder" has a rule(just like search criteria) to define which "Item" belong to this "Folder", so info item, logic link and saved search has consistent concept. an "Item" can not only belong to any "Folder" staticly, and can belong to any "Folder" according your "Folder" criteria.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: