Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 PM

Question Duplicate documents

I have merged several collections of notes from several different sources into one Ultra Recall database.

There are some duplicates in this database, but it is hard to find them amongst so many entries.

I have constructed a search which just searches for documents where the 'Item Text' exists. This gives me a sorted list of all items wherever they are in the hierarchy, form this I can look at items with similar titles and see if they are the same.

I do not wish to to just delete duplicates since their position in the hierarchy gives contextual information, what I would like to do is to make them all clones. Delete all but one of the copies but replace each deleted copy with a clone of the remaining duplicate.

The problem is getting back from the sorted list to the original position of the duplicate. Is there any easy way to do this? Am I missing something here?
Old 03-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Select and copy the item to clone/link to, then select the item to delete. In the Item Parents pane (Ctrl+6), double-click on one to go to that parent, with that child selected in the Child Items pane. In the tree of Child Items pane, delete the duplicate item and then paste to link to the item to clone.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:51 AM

Smile

That works, almost. When I double click on the item in the item parents panel the item's parent is opened but the item is not selected.

Last edited by PJMiller; 03-18-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Administrator

It should be selected in the Child Items pane, if you have v5.1.0.2 or later installed (Help | About | Install Info).
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5173

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: