Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 AM

Problem with Surround SCM plugin in VB v7

I have a few build scripts that include interactions with Surround SCM, and after upgrading to VisualBuild v7.0 I get an "Either the username or password you entered is not valid" error when the script attempts to interact with Surround. I manually ran the command via the command line without issues, so I know login information is correct, and hasn't changed.

After some inspection it looks like VisualBuild is not sending the username when trying to log in. It is only sending the password. To verify this I had VB print the Surround CLI command to the log. Of course, this only prints asterisks for the login info but it does seem to print an astrerisk for each character in the username and password. After counting the astereisks in the log I notice that the login info was exactly short the number of characters in the username. To further check this I cleared the password field and put the login info(-yUsername:Password) in the "Additional command line arguements" field under the Options tab. This time the command ran perfectly, and there was not an extra login parameter in the command. That tells me that VB is ignoring the username field all together.

Has anyone else come across this issue?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Administrator

This is fixed in the latest download (VisBuildAct.dll 7.0.0.7 in Help | About | Install Info after installing). Thanks.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:37 PM

Looks to be working. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: