Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2004, 06:27 PM

XML Logging

Hi, i decided to convert some of my existing build scripts over to use XML logging and an XML Transform step at the end to make it into a HTML document (just using the default xslt stylesheet).

What ive found though, is that when a compile failed, it had the following output:

code\sql\query.h(22) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<class-head>'

This being on the log then caused the XML Transform step to fail because it thought the <class-head> was an XML tag when it was actually part of a step's output

Is there anyway i can fix this so i can use XML logging?

Also, is there any way to check/enforce that VBPro has it's log output in Application Options set to XML and not text... say if someone else was to run the buildscript, or on one of our build servers if it happened to be set to log as text not XML... it seems that the log output format should maybe be determined by a given script, and not as an application wide setting... because some scripts may require XML formatted logs while others may just email the raw logfile on completion (assuming it is plain readable text)