Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 07-04-2005, 04:41 PM

Keywords containing digits

I've imported all my documents into UR, but I've found I can't locate items that contain digits. For example, I want to search for all documents that contain P11D; I could do this in X1 but by default UR seems to exclude keywords with digits. I've now ticked the Keyword words containing digits Option on the Import tag, but I'm left with all my existing documents being unsearcheable in this way.

Is there any way to get UR to rebuild the keywords? I know you can do that with Synchronize, but you need to do it document by document and I've got about 5000. Is there a way to sync all the documents in UR?
Old 07-05-2005, 09:45 AM

This capability currently does not exist, mainly due to the difficulty of detecting retrieval success for web-based documents (specifically web pages).

When a url is no longer available, a 404 or other html page (such as a domain hosting service advertisement!) might be retrieved (with no actual retrieval error code). This situation is essentially undetectable by Ultra Recall without user intervention (from the application's perspective, the erroneous html page is valid html content and therefore replaces the existing referenced or stored web page).

If this happens automatically or in "batch mode", the user could potentially lose large amounts of stored document information without their knowledge. That, of course, would probably be very unacceptable...
Old 07-05-2005, 09:47 AM

Thanks. I can see that would be a problem with web content.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:52 AM

One option to find these "phrases with numeric characters" is to do a Matches Wildcard search on specific attribute values (or the Item Text/Item Notes to find the "phrase" in the text or notes respectively).

An Advanced Search something like "<Item Title> <Matches Wildcard> *P11D*" or "<Item Text> <Matches Wildcard> *P11D*".

Please realize that a search using the Item Text/Item Notes virtual attributes is somewhat inefficient and therefore may be inappropriate for searching very large databases (this can be minimized using a Limited Advance Search).

Also note that the Item Text/Item Notes virtual attributes were not available until version 1.3a of Ultra Recall. To use this feature it is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of Ultra Recall (free upgrade to all licensed users).
Old 01-12-2006, 01:53 PM

Ultra Recall 1.4 introduced a way to Sync/Re-keyword multiple Info Items: simply select the desired Info Items, then Synchronize (Item | Synchronize on the menu, the default keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+F5). If a valid url is assigned, the Info Item will be Synchronized, otherwise the existing text content will simply be rekeyword (using the current keywording settings).
Old 01-12-2006, 04:38 PM

That sounds like it might help, but my imported documents are distributed across many folders; is there a way to select an item and get UR to sync/re-keyword all the documents that are children, grandchildren, etc of it?
Old 01-12-2006, 05:01 PM

Not currently, but you can easily select an item (or items) and all their children in the Data Explorer Pane, then just Synchronize them at one time.

One way is to select the desired items + all child items is to fully expand the root Info Item(s) you want to completely select (Tree | Expand All on the menu), then select the top most one, then select the bottom, right-most one (while holding the Shift key).
Old 01-12-2006, 05:07 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I thought folder synchronization might do what I wanted, but see http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...=4429#post4429

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: