Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-09-2006, 11:13 AM

tiddlywiki and UR

I am trying to use tiddlywiki within UR through browser support. I can edit the wiki but i cannot save the changes.
i have tried the firefox trick, it works pretty good but that introduced UR crashes so i went back to IE in UR. Is there a way to make tiddlywiki work properly in UR? I think it needs activex or java script within IE

this is one page html (keeps data in it) and javascript wiki which is really nice. Just give a try . I am hoping to use its journal function within UR

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

Btw editing through tiddly wiki in UR has one ver bad drawback, when i use "delete" key it deletes the item from tree view

thanks
Old 03-09-2006, 05:57 PM

The issue is that IE insists on displaying a warning dialog prompt about letting an ActiveX control interact with the file system. Currently Ultra Recall prevents IE from displaying any prompts within Ultra Recall and therefore the save operation is not allowed.

You can verify this by editing a TiddlyWiki file in regular Internet Explorer, if you answer No to the prompt mentioned above when it is displayed, you will get the same error on save.

Currently you can edit these documents externally (using Ctrl+J in Ultra Recall).

Our testing and research has not identified a way to cause IE to not show this dialog, so the only other option would be for Ultra Recall to allow all IE prompts to be allowed. We would have to do more testing to determine the impact of that change before we could change that functionality.

If someone knows of a way to configure IE to not show this prompt, please post it to this forum...

We have reproduced some issues using the navigation keys while editing a TiddlyWiki file in UR (the arrow keys, Home and Back) but we haven't reproduced the Delete issue you mention. Can you provide more detail about when/where that occurs?
Old 03-09-2006, 06:08 PM

thanks for the overall explanation Kevina.

About editing it

When i edit the tiddlywiki, if i want to delete a word or a line, i use "delete" like everyone else and that deletes the item . But this happens only when firefox is registered as default browser in UR. Since i cannot save it under IE , i use firefox now.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:47 AM

The latest install file for Ultra Recall 1.4d has been updated with a new option to allow these dialogs to be displayed, which will allow you to update TiddlyWiki files in Ultra Recall. The delete bug when using the Mozilla browser may also be fixed.

Please download the latest installation file for Ultra Recall and reinstall to obtain these fixes. After the reinstallation, the version for UltraRecall.exe should be 1.4.4.2 (viewable at Help | About | Install Info...).

Note: Several options must be configured correctly to view and/or edit stored TiddlyWiki files in Ultra Recall:
1) The Download scripts checkbox on the Import (more) tab of the Options Dialog must be checked
2) The Block dialogs in internal browser (requires restart) option on the Browser tab of the Options Dialog (at Tools | Options) must be unchecked [This is the new option]
3) .htm (or .html depending on what extension you assign to the file) must be in the File extensions to open stored documents writeable: list on the Documents tab of the Options Dialog

You can download Ultra Recall here: http://www.kinook.com/UR/download.html.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 AM

It works!!!

thank you so much, this is encouraging.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:21 AM

UR and TiddlyWiki complement each other so well, thanks for the fix!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: