Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-09-2007, 12:44 PM

mindmanager files and UR 3: excellent support

When UR 3.0 was released, I realized that it was not keywording mindmanager (*.mmap) files correctly. I sent in a request to Kinook, and after following up with me, inside of a few hours, they had posted slightly updated code (on line as of 10:30am, PST, Mar 9) that parsed the mmap files correctly. Indeed, it parses the content better than UR 2.0 had done.

Mindmanager users should know that UR 3.0 can now keyword mmap files correctly. This includes topics, subtopics, words in text boxes, callouts, etc. I haven't yet seen anything missed. That's a huge plus.

Also, folks should know that they can create a hyperlink from a Mindmanager topic (ctrl-K) to a specific UR item. Prior posts have discussed this. It's not quite drag and drop into MM, but it's not that difficult either.

Thanks to Kinook for extraordinarily prompt responses.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:25 PM

I was looking at MindManager at one point or another when I was evaluating various PIM/mind mapping/brainstorming softwares. I believe that UR is much more superior to MindManager, and once the structure of Data explorer will be possible to display as not just a tree structure, (as suggested here http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2314), MindManager will have hard time survive ;-)
Old 03-13-2007, 05:47 AM

MMAP doesn`t keyworded correctly

After I read this thread I instantly downloaded the release of UR 3.0.1, but my MMAP files are not keyworded correctly. In the keyword list there are only XML statements, but no words from my mindmap contents. I'm working with a German version of MindManager 6 Pro.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks and bye

Ralf
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Please ZIP and send or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) Run RegEdit and export the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options"
3) A .mmap file that demonstrates the problem
4) Several words in the .mmap file that you would expect to be keyworded

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Here are my files and informations

Hi,

I sent you my files to your support email for further information about my problem with keywording MMAP files.

Thanks for your fast help,

bye

Ralf
Old 03-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Administrator

All those words are keyworded for that document in tests here. Make sure you have .xml and .zip in 'Tools | Options | Import | File extensions to keyword'.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 PM

It's curious...

... but XML ind ZIP were enabled for indexing. After that I extend the list of file extensions for keywording with .mmap and resynced the files - and now there are keywords available. I don't know why but it's possible that I have forgot to include this extension... sorry, bye

Ralf

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: