Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-19-2012, 10:34 AM

Thunderbird 10

After being nagged for the past few days I was just about to allow Thunderbird to update itself to version 10.0.2, but it says that the Ultra Recall Extension is not compatible, so I stopped the upgrade.

Does anyone know how to get the extension to work with Thunderbird 10, or is an update for the extension planned?
Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 PM

That's very strange: I am using TB 10.0.2 and the UR TB extension without any problems - i received no notification about the incompatibility of this extension, and it enables me to clip TB emails perfectly (by right-clicking the mail; I don't use the TB toolbar for this).

If this doesn't work, perhaps try downloading the UR TB extension and unpacking it using a program like Total Commander. Then edit the Install.rdf file, changing the Max Version setting to 11, and save this file, after which repack it into the extension (i.e., the original .XPI file), and try reinstalling the extension in TB. (Just for the record, my Max Version setting is 9.9, but the extension still works fine.)

Alternatively, you might try "fooling" TB into accepting the current UR extension, by installing the Add On Compatibility Reporter extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thu...lity-reporter/. (Again, I haven't tried this, so i can't guarantee that it will work!)

Good luck - hope this helps!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 AM

Thanks. Based on your experience I ignored the warning and the UR TB extension is still working and is no longer reported as being incompatible with TB 10.0.2.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: