Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 PM

Question Task List Printout?

I am new to UR, and I believe I am fairly typical of many potential UR users out there in wanting to use UR as a Task Manager.

After investing a week exporting all my items from my previous PIM to UR, I cannot believe that UR does not offer the ability to print out a simple Task List, sorted by Due Date and Priority, with the Item Titles in bold, and the Item Details indented below each Item Title and in a smaller font.

That seems like such an obvious need.

If one selects Tasks, and highlights the Child Items pane, and clicks on the Due Date column, it will sort properly. However, when you try to print this out or export it as an RTF file, you get a simple dump of every Task Item Title, unsorted, and unformatted, and without any Item Details.

UR is otherwise so well designed in so many respects.

Am I missing something?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Printing is so 1990s :^).

Actually, printing the Related Items pane will print as it is displayed, with all column customizations (View | Choose Columns), sorting (on multiple columns), etc.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...editemgrid.htm
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...tomization.htm

For more elaborate output or to include item detail text, you could use the XML -> HTML export capabilities.
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2104

And more automatic HTML output is on the road map for a future release.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 PM

Unhappy

Yes, I can print the Related Items pane, which sorts properly.

But the info we need to do our daily To Do Lists is in the Item Details, not just the Item Titles. Whether it's the things to buy at Wal-Mart that day, or your flight time, flight number, and confirmation number, or the names and phone numbers of the people you need to contact, you want the Item Details, not just the Item Titles.

I tried the XML to HTML thing, and got nowhere.

Can it really be that UR is a great tool to organize information while you're sitting at your computer, but you can't even print out a decent daily To Do list so you can actually leave your computer and go out into the real world and use the information you've worked so hard to organize to get anything done?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sutty
Yes, I can print the Related Items pane, which sorts properly.

But the info we need to do our daily To Do Lists is in the Item Details, not just the Item Titles.
you can display "Item text" attribute in the related items pane as well (it won't be formatted though)
Old 03-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Administrator

As quant mentioned, if the detail text is short, you could add Item Text to the column layout (check 'Tools | Options | Grids | Wrap long cell text' if the detail text has multiple lines).

If there is a lot of detail text (and a columnar list wouldn't be very useful), you could select all children/search results (Ctrl+3, Ctrl+A), then File | Export as 'Text items to a RTF file' to include title, form fields, and detail text of each selected item.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 AM

Smile

OK.

I've tried both tips, and both were helpful.

Thank you.