Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average. Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Administrator

The bad news is that it's still unclear whether the blame for the problem lies in the tree component or WindowBlinds (or perhaps a combination and/or Windows APIs that defy their documentation).

But the good news is that with a little inside info from the WindowBlinds support team and some astute investigation from a UR user (who took the time to download and toy around with the problem tree component), we have found a way to work around the tree +/- button drawing issue. (It also turns out that the scrollbar drawing problem only affects the trial version of WindowBlinds; the WindowBlinds people are still investigating to see if that can be rectified.)

The workaround will result in the +/- button in the tree not honoring any WindowBlinds skin customizations (I'm not sure how common that is) and always using its own button images under WindowBlinds, but at least it will draw in the correct size. Look for another release with this fix on a web site near you in the next few days. And thanks for everyone's input.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:59 AM

Scrolling problem affecs registered version

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
It also turns out that the scrollbar drawing problem only affects the trial version of WindowBlinds
Sounds good, except for the above, which isn't true. (Actually, I'm not completely sure I know what "scrollbar drawing" means, but if the problem referred to is the inability to scroll using the scrollbar in Data Explorer, the problem affects the registered version of WB.)
Old 01-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Re: Scrolling problem affecs registered version

Quote:
Originally posted by srdiamond
Sounds good, except for the above, which isn't true. (Actually, I'm not completely sure I know what "scrollbar drawing" means, but if the problem referred to is the inability to scroll using the scrollbar in Data Explorer, the problem affects the registered version of WB.)
Which version of Windows and WindowBlinds and skin are you using? What exactly do you mean by 'inability to scroll'? Dragging and scrolling the scrollbar thumb? Click the up/down buttons? Clicking the non-thumb portion of the scroll bar?

On Windows XP SP2 (running in Virtual PC 2004 SP1) w/ the WindowBlinds 5.0 trial and the DogmaX4 and Airframe skins, I was able to reproduce the following scrollbar behavior: the data explorer tree scroll bars were not drawn properly (underlying desktop/application shows through where scrollbars should be) and do not respond to any mouse clicks. When I installed the full, licensed version of WindowBlinds v5.00[b].010, both problems went away (the skinned scrollbar displayed properly and responded to mouse clicking and dragging).
Old 01-18-2006, 04:21 PM

Re: Re: Scrolling problem affecs registered version

Quote:
[B]Which version of Windows and WindowBlinds and skin are you using? What exactly do you mean by 'inability to scroll'? Dragging and scrolling the scrollbar thumb? Click the up/down buttons? Clicking the non-thumb portion of the scroll bar?

On Windows XP SP2 (running in Virtual PC 2004 SP1) w/ the WindowBlinds 5.0 trial and the DogmaX4 and Airframe skins, I was able to reproduce the following scrollbar behavior: the data explorer tree scroll bars were not drawn properly (underlying desktop/application shows through where scrollbars should be) and do not respond to any mouse clicks. When I installed the full, licensed version of WindowBlinds v5.00.010, both problems went away (the skinned scrollbar displayed properly and responded to mouse clicking and dragging).
I'm talking about the failure to respond to mouse clicks. I never noticed the problem with the desktop showing through. I have the licensed version, downloaded this week, but it is v5.0.0.0 So it sounds like this was a very recent change.

---

I have downloaded the current public licensed version, and it's still at 5.0.0.0. Did their tech support send you that update or is there a public beta that I'm unaware of?

Last edited by srdiamond; 01-18-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Scrolling problem affecs registered version

Quote:
Originally posted by srdiamond
I'm talking about the failure to respond to mouse clicks. I never noticed the problem with the desktop showing through. I have the licensed version, downloaded this week, but it is v5.0.0.0 So it sounds like this was a very recent change.
Anybody who is still experiencing this behavior with v1.4a, please post the versions of Windows, WindowBlinds, and the skin you are using.

Quote:
I have downloaded the current public licensed version, and it's still at 5.0.0.0. Did their tech support send you that update or is there a public beta that I'm unaware of?
I used StarDock Central with default settings to install.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Scrolling problem affecs registered version

Quote:

I used StarDock Central with default settings to install.
I just learned of Stardock Central yesterday. As of yesterday, the latest beta has advanced by one over the one you posted. 5.0 [b] .0.1.1, or however that's done.

All problems with UR now appear to be solved. The proper Windows expander now displays, at the right size, and the scroll bar can be operated by clicks.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Administrator

That is excellent news. The update resolved the +/- sizing issue in my tests as well. It's better than the workaround we had planned to implement, since the +/- button can now honor the WB skin. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: