Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 02-07-2006, 05:10 AM

solution for linking items

In Omea Pro, when you want to create a link from one or several items to one or several other items, you can right click on any "source" item(s) and choose create link which sets up a temporary small pop-up window that contains the links thus copied - then you can navigate somewhere far away in Omea, say from the email tab, to the task tab, and then drag and drop those links, via the pop up window, onto the desired 'target' item(s). This makes it very easy to link anything to anything else in a very large information space containing ten's of thousands (or even much greater) of Items... Also because having thus created a pop up mini window of item links, you can then perform a search for targets to link them to - and once found can be just dragged and dropped.

So when the Tree in UltraRecall has a very large number of items, and is heavily nested, making linking rather cumbersome in the current way it operates, this is maybe a technique to build in that would enhance user's productivity? - I think so anyway....

also, to reiterate - aka winge :-) - it is a pain that it is not yet possible to create links from search results to items in the tree, only copies....

Last edited by igoldsmid; 02-07-2006 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:06 AM

Not sure but if I'm not wrong, I see this somehow or in someway related to what is being discused here:

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=1494

Leoram

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: