Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 03-09-2007, 07:45 PM

Item notes

I'm using Item notes heavily, they form an integral part of an item and I store vital data in there, but they are neglected in all aspects of UR. My suggestion is to support item notes a little bit more. This is where the support of Item notes could be improved:

- when you select more than one item, you are able to see the combined items' content in Item details window. I'd like to be able to have the option to see the Item notes as well.

- when you are exporting the items to rich text file (4th option), again, I'd like to be able to have the option to include the Item notes in the export.

Thank you.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:16 AM

cool idea! In fact, if you could make it optional that the inclusion of such notes in an export appeared as footnotes, perhaps as an item attribute.

If the attribute was not checked, then the item notes could appear inline with the text, perhaps with delimiting lines above and below

===========
something like this
===========

If the item attribute was checked, then the note would appear as a footnote (1).

Regards,
Bal

Old 03-12-2007, 07:20 AM

I'm not sure that this would help but I added a "yes/no" note? attribute which I include in my forms. At least this way I'll know if there *is* a note (assuming other windows are hidden. It would be neat if enabled, this would call the note pane but I guess that's something else all together.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: