Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 AM

Future Development

UR is customizable and logically structured like - say - really not many other programs. On the other hand (well, I don't konw, but I think) it attracts a narrowly selected species of power users, as do many other PIMs and document management systems.

I don't know where the development is heading at the time, but I think, amongst all special and strange new suggestion, everything polishing UR for a wider public is good. As stability for future development is some kind of knockout criterium for a document management system - and even kinook will not develop just for a handful of enthusiastic power users only?!

I am thinking about:
- Language support (as german, just for example :-))
- Some kind of easy/pro user interface switch (Easy mode with restrictions to changing layouts and forms etc., for 'daily use' or when sharing databases.
- Interface polishing (look/feel/logic): make all Keyboard Shortcuts 'Buttonizable' and vice versa, make forms (field sizes) adjustable (more readable)
(...)
Old 04-05-2007, 09:15 AM

Agree with most of your points ...

- easy/pro user interface switch would be nice (this could be nothing else than another 3 hard-coded layouts with all the buttons/menu settings)

As I suggested somewhere else, I think UR also needs more import/export options and more default templates/forms so that people can see what UR can be used for.
By saved searches and links, you can have a nice organizer ... but can someone see this if they come to Kinook website? I think calendar has to be improved where one can see the items for each day/week/ ... sth like Mozilla Sunbird
http://rootsmart.com/images/Content/Sunbird/sunbird.png
(ok ok, or Outlook )
http://www.winsupersite.com/images/s...preview_05.png

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: