Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:54 PM

Question Synchronizing with tasks in Outlook 2007

Hi there,

UR's capacity for integration with outlook is awesome and was the deciding factor for me to consider using it.

however, I have a problem when synchronizing tasks between Outlook 2007 and UR. The task's CATEGORY, and STATUS are not imported into UR. Is there a way to define an attribute for the task template that will carry these values?

Also, it would be great if attachments of outlook tasks were imported as child of the UR task and vice versa. Is there any way to do this, or will this have to wait for a future version?

thanks
Tom
Old 11-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Category is mapped to UR's user-defined keywords (Item | Keywords or Ctrl+K). Status is not currently mapped; we'll implement mapping to the UR Flag attribute in the next release. Attachments are not synced separate from the item itself.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:09 PM

Thanks Kinook.

Is there a way to make the keywords visible in the attribute pane or to make one user-created attribute be assigned as an user-created keyword (ie not auto-generated)?

When implementing GTD in UR, it would be useful to see the category attributed to a task, and have that category be transported into outlook.

best,
Tom
Old 11-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Administrator

That isn't currently possible, but we'll consider adding the ability to display user-defined keywords as an attribute.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 PM

One more thing:

when a task is marked at done in outlook, it's UR mirror is not marked as completed. The flag is not set to 'done'.

I'd like to search for uncompleted tasks (and hence reject completed one). How would I do that?
I could use the fact that for an uncompleted task, the 'completed date' field is still empty, but I can't figure out a way to search this logically (is and 'empty' date field smaller than today?)...

thanks for clarifying this for me
Tom
Old 11-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Using UR 3.2.6 and Outlook 2003 SP3, changing a synced Outlook task's Status to Completed and syncing updates the UR item's Flag to Completed in my tests.

To search for an item with a blank/empty Date Completed, uncheck the checkbox in the Value field of the search grid for that attribute.