Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 10-19-2007, 06:08 AM

Two data explorer panes

My two favourite Win applications are UR and Total Commander. I like that Total Commander has two "data explorer panes" (wish that UR could have 2 or even more instances of data explorer pane at the same time).

I use search pane for that, and use it (apart from other things) also as a "Categories Pane", where I can easily categorize items by dragging them over there. I have "Categories" folder in the main tree, and this is linked to "Search" in the search pane. But, the problem is that data explorer pane is not refreshed when dragging directly to search pane (only after I restart UR). Please refresh data explorer when the item is dragged to search pane. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Shift+F5 (Tree | Refresh All) will refresh both trees from the db without restarting.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Shift+F5 (Tree | Refresh All) will refresh both trees from the db without restarting.
I tried to activate data explorer pane and used refresh icon (F5) and that didn't work ...

Shift+F5 works ... but I think there should be no user intervention necessary to keep the Search pane and Data Explorer pane in sync!

Thank you
Old 10-20-2007, 05:58 AM

I'd just simply like 2 data explorer panes side by side - please...
Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 PM

Re: Two data explorer panes

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
My two favourite Win applications are UR and Total Commander. I like that Total Commander has two "data explorer panes" (wish that UR could have 2 or even more instances of data explorer pane at the same time).

I use search pane for that, and use it (apart from other things) also as a "Categories Pane", where I can easily categorize items by dragging them over there. I have "Categories" folder in the main tree, and this is linked to "Search" in the search pane. But, the problem is that data explorer pane is not refreshed when dragging directly to search pane (only after I restart UR). Please refresh data explorer when the item is dragged to search pane. Thanks!
Quant, I have a feeling that I would like this idea but I also have a feeling that I don't completely understand your application of its usage. Could you give me a practical example of how this might work? Thanks.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:33 PM

Re: Re: Two data explorer panes

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
Could you give me a practical example of how this might work? Thanks.
It would provide convenience when moving/linking/copying from one place to another. I'm sure you experienced this when you tried to drag some items to a "distant" place in data explorer pane. This is where the move/link dialog comes handy, but you cannot keep it open, you cannot have favourites there, and cannot simply drag and drop things over there ... Total Commander is the only soft I use for file management and it's perfect, if you look for this kind of program, give it a try
http://www.ghisler.com/picture.htm
Old 10-31-2007, 06:16 PM

Ah so... I thought that's what you were getting at. Thanks for clarifying. I certainly understand as I use TC as well.

How would this interface with the user drag/drop an item from related pane?

URp Link/Move/Copy could certainly use more convenience.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: