Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions

Old 11-30-2010, 04:27 AM

Export to PDF & Kindle

This suggestion is that URP include the ability to export to PDF and Kindle formats. PDF has been the accepted medium for delivering professional quality documents for years. Kindle is new, but it is up-and-coming fast as a very powerful medium because of the convenience of the Kindle - which includes PC, Kindle, and Smartphone synchronization.

I have no idea of the technical or licensing issues involved. I just know that it would be sweet to have it.
-Bal
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM

It would interesting if Kinook will do something in this direction i.e. have UR Databases on a Smartphone or a tablet PC or if we should look for other solutions
Hartmut
Old 03-27-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartmut View Post
It would interesting if Kinook will do something in this direction i.e. have UR Databases on a Smartphone or a tablet PC or if we should look for other solutions
Hartmut
I was asking similar questions, but then ... there are many gadgets that run windows so if you need UR, the easiest is to just get one of those: i got Viliv S5 and it's perfect.

The similar questions are asked on another program that I use daily, the perfect PDF xchange viewer ... people asking developers to port it to android ... and think Foxit tried it just now. I tested a tablet PC running android, and various PDF viewers/editors ... it's sooooo lame compared to Windows PDF viewers ... and almost the same applies to all other software I'd guess.

The conclusion? Just get something that run Windows, and the problem's solved.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:17 PM

Well I revert to this theme once more, the number of Smartphones especially those with Android system is increasing day by day and I thin Kinook does not see or does not want to see the possibilities of this market.
Did you ever study the possibilities to transfer UR to Android?
I assume, that is not too much work, as I have seenn in another database program managing to the routing/maps/waypoints/tracks etc.
Hartmut

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: