Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-16-2011, 01:56 PM

Problems when pasting an image into an info item

Still evaluating UR, getting more and more impressed, but I'm experiencing one thing that seems to be a bug:

Quite often I would want to paste an image from the clipboard into UR, typically screen-shots of error-messages, together with description of the message and (hopefully) a solution. When I try to paste the screenshot into the info item (of type Text), the image appears, but then the info item becomes "insensitive", i.e. when I click in it I don't get a cursor and can't write anything (all other objects/panes seems to work OK). I cannot scroll the document either. If i undo the paste with Ctrl+Z the image disappears, but the document is still insensitive. If I then delete the document and insert a new one, it's seems to work again, but when I try to save it, I get an access violation error and have to restart the application.

Anyone else experienced this? I run UR on Windows Vista.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Administrator

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...?threadid=2853
Old 02-17-2011, 05:46 AM

OK, thanks, I upgraded to version v14.0.4750.1000, and now I am able to paste images, as long as they are not to big. If I paste an image of the full screen, the image appears and disappeares, and a big white box takes it's place. If I crop the picture in Paint first it works fine. It'll do.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by c&b
OK, thanks, I upgraded to version v14.0.4750.1000, and now I am able to paste images, as long as they are not to big. If I paste an image of the full screen, the image appears and disappeares, and a big white box takes it's place. If I crop the picture in Paint first it works fine. It'll do.
If you're taking the time to drop the image into an image app why not just Save it to a file, then Move it to UR as a Stored Document Item. If you need the ability to add notations you could create a user Template based on Document and assign a Form that contains an Attribute for Notes and give the Attribute a multi-line value in the Form.

This would allow you to preserve the orignal image without cropping or scaling, but removes the layout capabilities of rtf.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: