Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 03-09-2007, 08:47 AM

UR crashes when I try to switch between databases

The Database Toolbar and the new ability to switch between databases while at the same time having only one icon on the Task Bar is a welcome feature of v. 3.0, however, in my case, there's a problem when I try to switch from URDs.

Of the following modes in Tools | Options... | General | Windows taskbar entries |,

1. Always one for each open database.
2. One for all when document toolbar displayed.
3. Always one for all open databases.

only #1 works. If I use 2 and 3, then, when I try to switch URDs by clicking on the toolbar icons, UR crashes (haven't figured out what #3 is used for and the difference between #1 and #3).

The problem occurs in my office as well as in my home computers, both with WinXP Pro SP2 with no problem with resources, and persisted after I upgraded from v. 3.0 to 3.0.1.

Please advise.

Last edited by Leoram; 03-09-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Administrator

I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior on multiple XP Pro SP2 machines. Can you ZIP and post or send a screenshot of the error? Do you have any resident software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, or other background apps) running, and if so which products+versions, and is there anything else non-standard about your setup?

BTW, #2 and #3 are equivalent if the document toolbar is displayed.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:03 PM

Thanks for your reply Kinook.

If that is the case, then by your tests it seems obvious that we are in front of a conflict with another application/configuration, which I'm going to investigate. Only that UR doesn't return an error message of its own for this particular situation, rather, the error box I get is the one to report Microsoft. That is why I cannot provide a screenshot by the moment, but pls. allow me some time to figure out how to gather any valuable info. Please keep in mind that the problem is the same in two computers with the same op system and different applications, only few are common, but one of the PCs doesn't have anti-virus, anti-spyware or firewalls, not even connected to the Web. So I'm not sure what to attach. Do you have any comment to this while I take the time to investigate?

Last edited by Leoram; 03-09-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Something must be different to cause this behavior on your systems, but I don't know what at this point. Some of the information I asked for may give some clues. Also ZIP and send
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) Run RegEdit and export the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options"
3) The files at "%APPDATA%\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall"

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kinook
Something must be different to cause this behavior on your systems, but I don't know what at this point. Some of the information I asked for may give some clues. Also ZIP and send
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) Run RegEdit and export the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options"
3) The files at "%APPDATA%\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall"

Thanks.
I have just sent the requested data to support(at)kinook.com. Thanks for taking care and for your excellent support.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Leoram, maybe you see my point better now ...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: