Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 05-06-2008, 06:24 PM

Running Visual Build in the background

I am running a Continuous Integration build that runs every 4 hours. I made a scheduled task that ran once to kick it off, but the application opened. It won't close because the build doesn't end, it just wait 4 hours and runs again. Is it possible to run the CI job without launching the app?

Thanks,

Ken
Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Typically, the continuous integration project would loop, checking to see if a build is needed (triggered on source control changes). If you want to run the build on an ad hoc basis (in addition to the regular CI trigger), you could also have the project check for the existence of a file as a trigger, and then create/write to that file to initiate the build. Alternatively, don't loop in the build and launch it directly as needed.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:34 PM

Thanks for the info. I changed it to run as a scheduled task instead of a continuous loop. For this to work I had to change the temporary macros to project macros. The problem now is the task runs fine, but upon completion, a dialog pops up asking to save the project. The is because the project macros have been updated. Is there a way to automatically answer yes to this so Visual Build will close?

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Administrator

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?threadid=245

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: