Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 07-20-2006, 11:44 AM

Compile wsi fails

Hello,

I am having a problem while compiling the Wise for windows installer (wsi file) install from an automated Visual Build script. The error message does not give any information whatsoever.

FAILURE INFORMATION:
Step Name: Compile Main Install
Step Status: 1
Step Output:
Wise for Windows Installer 7/20/2006 2:50:34 AM

This is the message I get and the build completely stops:

The project file was not compiled.

Process completed with exit code 1

I am not sure what is causing this problem. This has happened a number of times and it seems to work perfectly once I hit F7 to rebuild from that failed step.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Administrator

It sounds like an issue with the Wise command-line compiler (what the Wise action ultimately invokes to actually compile a Wise script -- the output before 'Process completed with exit code 1' was generated by the Wise command-line tool). Check the 'Show command-line...' checkbox on the Options tab of the Wise action, rebuild the step, then use the logged command-line when contacting the vendor for support. A possible workaround might be to have two Wise steps for the project, the first marked to not build failure steps and continue building on failure.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:56 PM

Does your build process build a series of installers? We have been caught in the past because the Wise InstallMaster installer compiler we currently use seems to kick off a compile then return. It's possible that a second compile may fail if the first hasn't completed.

We ignore the return result from the compiler and wait until the installer .exe arrives before continuing with the build. If the .exe doesn't arrive on disk in reasonable time that is treated a failure and there is probably a dialog up to say the compile failed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: