Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 04-22-2003, 04:27 PM

Question Global Scripts

Where are global scripts stored? I am moving a VisualBuild Pro project to a different machine and need to make sure the global scripts are also moved.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2003, 04:34 PM

VisBuildPro.Global.scripts in the folder where the executable is. Also get VisBuildPro.macros and VisBuildPro.steps.

Note that VisBuildPro.steps may be in "Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kinook Software\Visual Build Professional". This file stores global subroutines (introduced in 5.0).

Peter
Old 04-23-2003, 09:41 AM

Actually the files
VisBuildPro.Global.scripts
VisBuildPro.steps

are stored in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kinook Software\Visual Build Professional
on my PC - I am using V5.0 BETA of VisualBuild Pro
Old 04-23-2003, 03:47 PM

That doesn't surprise me, in fact I was going to suggest that that may be the case on some machines. Kyle is the person to give the definitive answer, but if he's not replied already I guess we aren't too far off the mark.

Thanks for the informtion.

Peter
Old 04-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Cool

The full details are under 'application data' in the help index. Here it is again for those averse to reading the docs (ahem):

For clean installs, the default location for application configuration files ... has been changed to the Windows common Application Data folder (located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kinook Software\Visual Build Professional on Windows 2000 and up [%ALLUSERSPROFILE% can also be used for the root path]; C:\Winnt\Profiles\All Users\Application Data\Kinook Software\Visual Build Professional on Windows NT). The default path for version 4.x was the application installation path. For backward compatibility, if existing configuration files exist in the application installation directory, those files will be used instead. This change was made because non-Power users do not normally have the necessary rights to modify files in the installation path. The path for the configuration files can also be overridden by supplying additional command-line flags when launching Visual Build Pro.

Kyle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: