Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 12-05-2006, 12:35 AM

Newbie questions

I just started using UR, and I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to list all active reminders, i.e., all info items which have reminders set for them?

2. Does UR autosave when minimizing, or only at the autosave intervals specified under Options?

3. Under Tools - Options, I set UR to open minimized (and to start with Windows), but when I start Windows, UR starts with normal size - any solution to this?

4. Is there any way to import notes from Evernote into UR, aside from manual copy and paste?

5. When I perform a search, and get several potentially results, is there any way to make each result open in a separate tab without having to press Ctrl-T separately for each result and then opening each result in the newly opened tab?

6. When I open multiple results in separate tabs as described above (with Ctrl-T etc.), the Search pane sometimes opens up in the upper left part of the screen (see attached screenshot); is there any way to prevent this from happening? (I want to have as much free screen space as possible.)

Many thanks!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LM7
I just started using UR, and I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to list all active reminders, i.e., all info items which have reminders set for them?
A new database has a search item titled 'Upcoming Events' which will list all reminders beginning in the next 2 weeks. To search on all reminders regardless of when they begin, create an Advanced search of Begin Date does not equal <Null> (uncheck the date value).

Quote:
2. Does UR autosave when minimizing, or only at the autosave intervals specified under Options?
UR also auto-saves on minimize.

Quote:
3. Under Tools - Options, I set UR to open minimized (and to start with Windows), but when I start Windows, UR starts with normal size - any solution to this?
This should only occur if UR is somehow being launched twice (a minimized instance will be shown if run again). We've had one other user report this behavior but haven't been able to reproduce it. Please ZIP and post or send the info from 'Help | About | Install Info' and 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall' in the registry.

Quote:
4. Is there any way to import notes from Evernote into UR, aside from manual copy and paste?
Apparently not; the Evernote+ 1.5 XML export format is not compatible w/ UR XML import. We'll add to our list to investigate converting it to be compatible with UR.

Quote:
5. When I perform a search, and get several potentially results, is there any way to make each result open in a separate tab without having to press Ctrl-T separately for each result and then opening each result in the newly opened tab?
No, but you can right-click on a single search result and open in a new tab.

Quote:
6. When I open multiple results in separate tabs as described above (with Ctrl-T etc.), the Search pane sometimes opens up in the upper left part of the screen (see attached screenshot); is there any way to prevent this from happening? (I want to have as much free screen space as possible.)
I don't see the screenshot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: