Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] User Tips, Tricks and Samples

Old 01-23-2005, 01:39 PM

Copying/Importing Emails

What is the workflow to copy Outlook Express emails directly into UR with the Header information? I've seen the example in your help file, but it does not explain how to import the email. I am interested in seeing the To:, From: and Subject Fields.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:07 PM

You can drag and drop one or more messages or copy and paste individual messages from Outlook Express directly into Ultra Recall (drop it at the appropriate location in the Data Explorer Pane).
Old 01-24-2005, 10:14 AM

Does UR work the same with mail from Eudora?

Daly
Old 01-24-2005, 07:42 PM

It appears that Eudora only allows drag & drop (or copy | paste) for internal operations (the Mozilla Thunderbird email application seems to have the same restriction). Unfortunately, this means that Ultra Recall can't obtain the information from these email applications needed to support interacting with these applications for drag | drop or copy | paste.

You might be able to save your email messages to file, then link/store these saved files to Ultra Recall (certainly not as convenient). I couldn't even get an actual email to save from Eudora, but perhaps this was because I was using the free version...
Old 03-15-2006, 04:06 PM

for all who want to import their e-mail messages from other email clients than outlook, please have an look at
http://www.processtext.com

I tried the thunderbird version looks good. For other email- clients conversation programs are available.
The attachment were saved in a seperate folder.

Hartmut
Old 03-26-2006, 04:44 PM

FWIW, if your email client can export or save messages as .eml files, you can import these into UR.

I use this method to store messages from PocoMail. It's got the added advantage that if I use UR's Open Document command on a stored email, it opens as a message in PocoMail and I can then reply to it or forward it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: