Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 09:01 AM

hilighting/editing stored web pages; comparison with contentsaver

I know that markup of saved web pages is on the to do list. I just want to support bumping it up in priority. This is partly because I am comparing both contentsaver and ultrarecall (among other storage products). I realize that they are very different programs; however, for someone who is not making much use of metadata and principally storing web pages and files in an explorer hierarchy, the comparison between these two programs is a toss-up.

UR has clones and more sophisticated searching.

But CS saves form data from the web more faithfully, allows you to hilight and mark up, and shows found "terms" in hilighted form. It also has the one click button to save from IE and other browsers.

UR is much more powerful in many ways, but without the ability to edit (or more important simply to hilight) saved web pages, I can't quite justify leaving CS for UR. And, as you know, we're all searching to minimize the number of silos where we keep information (thus the importance of connection with desktop search engines)--accordingly, it makes me shy away from using UR at all.

Thanks for considering this.