Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2006, 11:23 PM

importing emails (better method for attachments)

When (outlook) email gets imported and stored, attachments are embedded in the item. The email itself and the attachment (which you can see by opening the email item) cannot be edited. [I don't know if this can be easily changed by making some .eml file writeable or not.]

In any event, it would be more useful to me if the attachments came in as children of the body of the email item. Often I will need to edit the attachments, which cannot be done if they are embedded within the email item. I can always open up the email in the original app, drag the attachments individually, etc., but that seems cumbersome.

So, email text as parent item l + separate children attachments would be so much more useful.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Just add the message extension (.eml and/or .nws for Outlook Express, .msg for Outlook) to 'Tools | Options | Documents | File extensions to open stored documents writeable'. See http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/edit...externally.htm for more details.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:11 AM

Thanks, this allows me to edit and save attachments embedded in the .msg--but it doesn't allow me to edit the .msg (which is not a big deal).

More important, attachement files do not appear as children to the msg. That's what I would find useful. Thx.