Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 02-22-2005, 07:20 AM

Another bug in the "Copy Files" action.

Version 5.7 seems to have broken the "delete files" functionality of the "Copy Files" action.

The delete files functionality I'm referring to is as describe in your help file:
(Quote) "Note: To delete files, check the 'Ignore non-existent or blank Source Folder' option, clear the Source Folder field, enter the folder to delete files from in the Dest Folder field, and check the 'Delete destination files...' option. Include and exclude options can also be entered to specify which files to delete."

I make use of this in my scripts and found it has stopped working in version 5.7 - I uninstall this and then reinstalled version 5.6b and my action works again.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:18 AM

The only change to that action was a bug fix to not recursively delete if the recursive option was unchecked. Do you perhaps want to recursively delete but not have the 'Copy subdirectories (recursive)' option checked?
Old 02-22-2005, 08:38 AM

Wink Ooops

Ahhh !!! Yes thats exactly what I'm doing ...

As you guessed the "Copy subdirectories (recursive)" checkbox was NOT selected. Selecting it makes my action delete what it use to delete when using previous versions of Visual Build.

A case of "One man's bug fix......." Many thanks for the speed and helpful reply.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: