Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] General Discussion

Old 12-10-2009, 01:24 AM

Uninstalling VisualBuild Pro (forcefully)

My Computer: Windows XP Professional with SP3 (whatever is the latest)

I am a registered user and have v7.2 installed. I saw that there was an update, v7.2a, so I downloaded it. The setup went smoothly until the point the end when it said "Registering..." or whatever it said. Rather than completing, it sat there for five to ten minutes on that screen and the dialog refused to do anything or be responsive, so I was forced to reboot.

I tried uninstalling the product, but the uninstall hung at the very beginning. The uninstall dialog just says "Uninstalling Visual Build Professional..." and did not react to the keyboard. 10 minutes later, I rebooted forcefully.

I was able to install v7.2 back all the way with no errors during the installation. I did not try to launch the program, as my desire was to immediately uninstall the product completely and then reinstall 7.2a.

Okay, I then tried to uninstall v7.2 after the successful installation and I am getting the same problem as before, namely that the uninstallation dialog just says "Uninstalling Visual Build Professional..." and is non-responsive to the keyboard and does not advance even after what is now 25 minutes. For whatever it is worth there is only the first green block on the progress bar.

I do not find just reinstalling the program acceptable. Please advise the steps to completely remove the program including seeing it in the add/remove program bar and all registry entries. Yes, I will reinstall the product, but that is not an option now. The task is to get the software completely uninstalled.

Before you ask, this last go around (install and the latest install) I did that with no programs running.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Clear your browser cache and re-download VBP, then try temporarily disabling any resident security and other auto-startup software software or running Windows in Safe Mode when installing.

To manually uninstall Visual Build, unregister all the DLLs in the VisBuildPro7\System subfolder, then delete the installation folder and these folders and registry keys (if they exist):
%APPDATA%\Kinook Software\Visual Build Professional 7
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Kinook Software\Visual Build Professional 7

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Kinook Software\Visual Build Professional 7
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Visual Build Professional 7
Old 12-10-2009, 09:49 PM

Thank you for the reply.

Unregistering all the DLLs in the SystemFolder sub-folder, closing every single memory resident program and all applications, and then uninstalling everything did the trick. I was able to uninstall the product, although there were three executables left in the Tools folder, which I deleted manually, along with a temporary file in the Uninst folder. Windows would not let me delete the physical VisualBuildPro folder, as it said that it was used. I did not care about that, as I was installing 7.2a into the empty folder, so no harm. 7.2a installed and started up nicely.

Thanks again.

Sarah

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: