Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 01:14 PM

import to form ??

Is it possible to set a form to be the template "bin" for imported items? If so, how?

I've experimented & if I try to import to a form, the item is created the title is inserted but that's as far as it goes. The clipboard data, itself, is not dumped into the form's blank space.

I don't expect URp to categorize imported data, i.e intelligent assignment like Agenda or Zoot (although that would be nice) but I don't know why it wouldn't dump data into the 'open space'.

Thank you.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:37 PM

If you Import a csv file you can name a Template to be used for the new Items created from the import.

If you can control the creation of the csv you might want to add a field for Item Title and assign appropiate values prior to importing into UR.

Be aware that UR Atrributes will need to be created prior to beginning the import, otherwise there will be no fields to match in UR with the incoming data.

Also, something now available in UR v.3.0.3 is the ability to pass a delimited value to user-defined keywords, for example (Banking;Finance;Mortgage) - check the help file more info.

I don't think you can do this via the clipboard, no way to map incoming data to Attributes.

Much of this answer may depend on where the data is coming from that you are placing into the clipboard.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:42 PM

If you just want to be able to import rtf content as a particular template item that uses a form, just import the data as a child of an Item with a Default Child Template set to the desired template.

Note: If the content is html, you will need to Paste Special | Paste Text for a non-document template to be used...
Old 03-29-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kevina
If you just want to be able to import rtf content as a particular template item that uses a form, just import the data as a child of an Item with a Default Child Template set to the desired template.
Yes, thank you. I need to re-state my question more clearly: Can I attach a form to "Imported Items" so the results of a <Windows>+V will end up in a templated form? Thank you.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:11 PM

If your imported items are document (likely), then I would recommend that you create a new template (derived from the Document template) and create/assign a form to it, and assign this new template to the Default Child Template attribute of the Imported Items item.