Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 09-11-2012, 08:13 AM

searching rtf files?

I seem to recall URP being able to search inside RTF files. Am I remembering wrong? I cannot do it with URP5.

- Bal
Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Administrator

As long as .rtf is included at Tools | Options | Import | File extensions to parse text when importing the RTF file, that should work.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 AM

.rtf is included in that option (.txt;.rtf;.doc;.docx;.xls;.xlsx;.xlt;.ppt;.pttx;. htm;.html;.eml;.nws;.msg;.mht;.xml;.pdf;.tif;.tiff ;.zip) and no - it doesn't work.

One possibility? Do the files have to be embedded or can URP link to external RTF files?

- Bal
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Administrator

UR will also parse text from linked files when importing. How did you import the file? Make sure to uncheck Do not process document for text, summary or icon infomation if using the import wizard (File | Import). If that doesn't help, ZIP and send the info requested at http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3038
Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 PM

OK - I fixed this, sort of.

Somehow, the URP file got screwy (technical term) and even the Compact and Repair tool was of no use in this situation. So I created a new URP database and then painstakingly brought in each RTF file one at a time. Now the search works well.

I have no idea why one URP file works as it should and the other doesn't, and I'm very glad that I didn't have to do this with a large file.

But at least for now, the problem is solved.

- Bal
Old 09-13-2012, 01:33 PM

I am pretty sure I've nailed down the problem and solution: I was clicking the "Refresh" tool instead of the "Synchronize" tool. They look very similar and I didn't fully get the difference between them. Now I do, and things are working as I would expect.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: