Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] User Tips, Tricks and Samples

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2016, 07:37 AM

Share with us - Why did you stick with UR for all these years?

Wish Kinook & all forum users a happy holiday season.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to call upon the loyal users of UR to share why we stuck with UR throughout the years.

I'll start ....

I've been using UR since about 2007. About to enter tenth year. I have a set of a productivity apps I have been using in my IT career for the past 15 years. I'm not exaggerating to say UR is at the very top of this list. It is the number one reason why I still use MS windows today.

Today, I have 4 UR databases that captured every piece of information I have learned in these 15 years. They all take about 700MB !

What it has provided me is so unique ...

1) The info items tree allowed me to always stay focused on the 'big picture' and zoon in/out (expand/collapse) as per the need at the time. Sometimes, I needed to make 'process' decision so I review the tree. Others, I needed to execute a process, so I zoomed in to the deepest item.

2) Allowed me continue to evolve knowledge incrementally and associate 'new' knowledge with existing one. This is nature of knowledge, grows a little bit every day and 'fits' in with prior one.

3) Allowed me to be the first & most effective when I needed to decide or execute RIGHT now. Its search functionality is so effective, I'm able to access 15 years worth of knowledge in few seconds. Multiple times, I remember having to deal with disastrous failures which we needed to resolve now. When others were running around googling and searching folders and files, I was ready to execute in a matter of seconds using UR.

Throughout these 10 years, Kinook's support was there within hours-notice. I hardly can remember an occasion I had to wait over a day to get support.

For all these years, the great support, the value UR has added to my life, I say, thank you.

I wish Kinook the most prosperous future and wish UR to continue to impact the lives of so many others the way it did mine.

Thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: