Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 10-09-2009, 05:50 PM

Saving GMail

When I try to save an email from Google Mail, I am confronted in UR with a Google sign-in page. Then I sign in, and have to manually go to the email I am trying to save.

My default browser is Firefox, and it seems there may be an issue with the UR internal browser being Explorer.

I might add that when I try do the same thing using Zoot 6 beta, which has an internal Explorer browser, the program captures my email from Firefox without any problem.

Is this a problem in UR, or is it normal behaviour? If it is, would it be possible to have a way of avoiding a Google page signin?

Thanks.

Daly
Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Select the Gmail message content (or Ctrl+A to select the entire page) in Firefox, then copy/paste or drag/drop into UR, or copy (Ctrl+C) and then use the UR global import hotkey (default Win+V) to import into UR. Gmail does something funky with the page object model and the UR Firefox add-in can't retrieve the selected content like it can for most web pages (otherwise the Copy to UR button/menu could be used instead).

Other options:
1) Use basic HTML mode in GMail.
2) Use POP3 to download GMail using a client email program like Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird, then import from that program into UR.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...pplication.htm
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...ntegration.htm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: