Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 06-29-2008, 06:19 AM

Database locks when phrase searching

If I make a phrase search "with quotes around it" in the quick search box I frequently get an "error committing transaction: database is locked" message. Then I have to close the whole program and reopen it.

Is there a known problem phrase searching this way?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:39 PM

I think I can partly answer my own question. The database became corrupted , but using Ctrl Alt Del to access Windows Task Manager, and by deleting the UR process (rather than application) shown there, the database righted itself (even though rebooting had not achieved this effect).

Searching is now as it should be. I suspect I somehow created a rogue search which locked the system and which was repeating the problem when the search box was re-opened after re-boot.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:21 AM

Workaround for similar problem

I had recently had a similar but more horriying problem. I did a phrase search just as described but it locked up my ultrarecall database permanently. The search tab was locked. When I selected different info items they did not appear. I would get error messages along the lines of "database locked". If I exited UR and restarted it I would get right back into the same situation. I think what was happening was that my UR database would open and automatically load the bad search and start running it. The workaround was to start UR from the command line using the "/item" switch to select a different info item. For example "ultrarecall /item 95"
Old 06-14-2019, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Or hold down the Shift key when opening the database to prevent the last selected item from being opened. Also see

https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4041

https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=2673

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: