Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2006, 03:03 AM

Multivalue attributes

I downloaded Ultra Recall yesterday and have been looking at the samples and reading the help content to understand the concepts/design so I can get a good overall handle on how to approach my application. So far I am impressed by the tool's capabilities and flexibility.

One of the first issues that comes up in implementation is the trade-off between multiple databases and a single database. I prefer a single database for the advantages it offers in integration, searching and maintenance. In this context I have the following questions.

1. Would it be possible to assign multiple values (from predefined value list) to a String type attribute? E.g., I want to define a category called Content Classification (or Knowledge Classification) and define attributes such as domain, subdomain, topic, subtopic etc. Then I want to be able to assign *multiple* values for those attributes from a list such as {finance, health, travel, technology, literature, music, legal, professional, personal, family, journals etc.}

2. If you assign a string of space delimeted words to a String type attribute, e.g. "health travel," will UR match the individual words in a search? For instance, if I later search for items having an attribute value of only "health," will that item show up in the search result?

I must say that the combined Template/Category/Attribute schema already is flexible and powerful. This should help in designing large databases with less clutter.

Regards,
Jamal

Last edited by jamal; 04-14-2006 at 10:35 AM.