Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] User Tips, Tricks and Samples

Old 10-29-2007, 08:29 AM

workflow//usage question for everyone

So you have your list of contacts and you set an appt w one of them, do you:

(1) create a task child item so you can eventually click on the contact & see all your activity as a list

or do you:

(2) add a note in contact details & create a reminder?

I also wonder about this considering that the 2007 roadmap includes some kind of graphic calendar integration which will probably affect workflow//usage

Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 02:41 AM

How about creating an appointment and linking your contact to it? Added advantages:
- You can have one appt with several contacts without creating the appt several times
- You can set a reminder on the appt itself
- My guess is that appts will be used for the upcoming calendar view in the 2007 roadmap
- Looking back at your contact, you can easily have a history of appts (parent items)
- Or you can refine and use a fancy custom query that you then add as a sub-item of your contact; even better, add this to the contact template

Hope this helps

Cheers
Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 AM

I'd do it the same way as UltraUser.

Some time ago I was thinking about how to implement "shop that lends dvds" (which is similar to this problem). It had to have database of dvds, database of users, list of all loans, list of active loans.

I found it very difficult to do it in efficient way

If I were to design sql database, it would be pretty straightforward. The problem in UR is, that attribute cannot be of "existing template" type. The attribute can only be string, number, date, ... and you have to fiddle with links and think about complicated searches and scenarios. It is ugly, considering that UR is in fact based on standard database.

I think sqlnotes would be ideal for this.

Kinook, would it be possible for attributes to be of another template type?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UltraUser
How about creating an appointment and linking your contact to it? Added advantages:
- You can have one appt with several contacts without creating the appt several times
- You can set a reminder on the appt itself
- My guess is that appts will be used for the upcoming calendar view in the 2007 roadmap
- Looking back at your contact, you can easily have a history of appts (parent items)
- Or you can refine and use a fancy custom query that you then add as a sub-item of your contact; even better, add this to the contact template

Hope this helps

Cheers
Sure it helps. Question. Where would you store mtg notes or telephone notes.

And could you explain "even better, add this to the contact template" this a bit more. How does user add an automated query to a form?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: