Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodo View Post
mwlang, I have always had download scripts and download images checked. I think what you are seeing is because the page is not fully loaded, if you wait long enough for the page to fully load it will pop to unstyled.
I thought I waited long enough. To be sure, tried again just now, and made sure I waited long enough (minutes now). All pages--from intel or 9news, stored or linked--display properly as long as the "download scripts" option is enabled. Nor could I generate any errors no matter where I clicked.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 PM

As reported, the 'download scripts' option was already turned on. I tried just about every combination of settings I could think of to no avail. The same problem happened in new or existing databases, and compact/repair made no difference.

I finally uninstalled UR, including user settings, and reinstalled. Now I am having no problems with copied or linked webpages.

Thanks,
Mark.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Mark,

Same problem here. UR Pro 4.2.1.5, and almost all pages copied into UR have all menus expanded vertically down the page. I did select the Download Scripts option but it hasn’t changed anything.

If I navigate to the same pages in UR's browser they look perfect. But I cannot figure out how to then "store" the page that I am viewing in UR's browser. Is there a way to do that?

Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit.

Thank you.

Jim
Old 06-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Administrator

You would need to synchronize or delete and re-import any already-imported pages after checking the Download scripts option. If you're talking about pages that haven't already been imported, we would need the info requested at http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3038 in order to investigate. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:09 PM

OK, I guess I need to send you that information. Newly copied pages are still showing poorly. I just captured the UR download page and the menus are expanded vertically, etc. (Attached)

I just now sent off an email with all that same info because of another problem viewing PDF files; can you use that to help with this issue? Should I send it all again? Or just an email referencing the first?

Thank you.

Jim
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Which browser and version are you importing from? How are you importing the pages?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:45 PM

I am capturing the pages in Firefox 4, using UR's Firefox extension. The extension was just updated when I installed 4.2.1.5 a little while ago.

Method:
  • Right Click and then "Select All"
  • Right Click and then "Copy to Ultra Recall"

That's it. Then I just wait for the audio alert that the page capture is complete.

Thanks!

Jim