Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 04:47 AM

Version 2 hangs with Mozilla Internal Browser

I set the internal browser to Mozilla and restarted Ultra Recall. Now it hangs as soon as it starts. When I closed UR it was on an imported web page which it was, presumably, displaying using IE. Now it appears to be attempting to display that page but the egg timer is showing and I can't do anything at all with the database.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:35 AM

After restarting my computer I managed to get in to UR. The option was still set to use Mozilla for the internal browser, but any web pages I'd saved attempted to open IE externally, which said it couldn't find the page, and wouldn't show the page in UR.

I unchecked the Mozilla option and restarted UR. Again, UR locked up completely and I couldn't use any of my databases. I had to restart the computer again and luckily was able to use my data again.

There definitely seems to be something wrong with the Mozilla option. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.3.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dasymington
After restarting my computer I managed to get in to UR. The option was still set to use Mozilla for the internal browser, but any web pages I'd saved attempted to open IE externally, which said it couldn't find the page, and wouldn't show the page in UR.

I unchecked the Mozilla option and restarted UR. Again, UR locked up completely and I couldn't use any of my databases. I had to restart the computer again and luckily was able to use my data again.

There definitely seems to be something wrong with the Mozilla option. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.3.
I have the same difficulty. I cannot get UR to use Firefox as the internal browser. I tried restarting both UR and my computer. I also had the problem of UR calling up IE externally to display pages when I had UR set to use Firefox as the internal browser.

Daly
Old 05-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Administrator

You need to have the Mozilla ActiveX Control installed and registered for that to work. See http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/browserdialog.htm for details.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:28 AM

Reading the warnings in the help it sounds like there's not much point in ticking the Mozilla browser box.

Apart from that the new version looks very good. I like the tabs and the way you can link using another tree.