Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 AM

Searching text string causes crashes

I run into a problem if I search using quotation marks. For example, I have an item entitled - Music of interest.

If I search "music of interest" with the quotation marks, the program hangs and I get a message that the database is locked. If I close the program it will not re-open. All is well if I reboot. And so long as I instead search with the words Music Interest and don't use quotes, my search then works (except the search is rather too wide for my liking).

I have come across this problem before with quotation marks, although the use of quotation marks does not always cause a crash.

Any ideas?
Old 10-13-2008, 09:03 AM

strange, are you executing a quick search using double quotations? That should be pretty fast as it does optimized phrase search.

In the meantime, you can click "search titles only" to get less results when you don't use double quotations.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 AM

Quant, thanks. Yes, I was doing just a quick search. Maybe it's down to something on my system. I've learned it isn't always worth the effort trying to sort things out. I haven't been using the titles only option, but although an obvious idea, it was one that hadn't occurred to me, so thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: