Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-12-2022, 01:33 PM

Had a further look at the issue. The problem is not to do with how UR transforms case, but with how you make UR display changes to an item when it's shown in the Child Items pane. I had not applied the registry fix (to restore the "old" behaviour) when I created the items, so Item Text/Notes/Title all displayed in lower case in the Child Pane. I then applied the fix, which effectively "changed" the Child Pane display. However that change would not display until a) I had made an edit to the item in question and b) had moved away from that Column view and then back again. Once I did that the Child Pane displayed case (and anything else I had changed) as it was in the Edit Pane.

I have to go through that procedure with all items created before the registry fix was applied to make them display correctly. Anything I add since then is fine.

I note that this delay in refreshing only applies to Item Text/Notes/Title. With other fields, when you change their values you see the change immediately in Child View.

Hope that makes sense... basically there's no real problem once you know what's going on, and you accept that when you have Item Text etc showing in columns, you won't see edits reflected there immediately.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: