Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Visual Build Professional > [VBP] Third Party Tools

Old 10-10-2006, 09:49 AM

Building in VS 2005 works but in VB doesn't

I have a solution that builds properly in VS 2005 but I can't get it to build properly in Visual Build 6.2. When it fails it gives an error related to DistanTree.bat (post build script). I have noticed that if I do a build once in VB, let it fail, then do the exact same build again, it works!

I was thinking that the command line options might be different, but I can't see where in VS 2005 to look at the build time command line options.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Administrator

It sounds like an issue with Visual Studio when building from the command line (what the Make VS.NET action ultimately invokes to actually build a solution or project), since VBP doesn't process VS project build events itself.

By default, the VBP Make VS.NET action uses MSBuild to build VS2005 projects/solutions. Building in the VS2005 IDE is actually more like building with devenv.com from the command-line, which the Make VS.NET also supports and might work when MSBuild doesn't.
http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/vsnetoptionstab.htm

If that doesn't help, you can check the 'Display command-line...' checkbox on the Options tab, rebuild the step, then copy/paste the msbuild/devenv command-line from the build output when opening a support incident w/ MS regarding the issue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: